04 December 2015

Warnings regarding passions of the popular majority devastating the minority

To some the shutting down of debate and the end of certain ideologies is the aspiration of society. The below is penned response to the effect on the individual when religion, beliefs, ideology, values, morals, history, and law are only in favour of the popular majority.

I have been vilified and told I am the greatest monster known to humanity. But what are my crimes? I am afflicted and distressed, but no offence has been caused by my hand, nor mind or mouth. Yet my enemies have increased and they fiercely hate me. My opinions of love, responsibility, and order have brought the scourge of the mob. When I stand for the rights of the minority, the populace mock me, decry I am what is wrong with society.

All I ask for is strength to carry this through and to be rescued in the end. The only things I carry are my integrity, uprightness, and faith in hope. The nations have entered troubles. Friend and foe is blurred. Right and wrong is not the same as legal and illegal. The legislatures seek to vanquish those out with vogue.

No expression of thought outside the accepted is tolerated. Defence of a liberty becomes grounds for treason. Institutions for free thinking have become the systems for memorization and regurgitation of politically accepted material.

Our legal system punishes the helpless and makes heroes of the wicked. Those with malice live on, but the innocent who incest on privacy are accused of dreadful crimes. Guilty, until proven innocent has become the standard of our system.

History is rewritten and glories of our national past are now shameful to mention. Good deeds are recorded as having guilty intentions and the act of helping one another is written as a mere front. Heroes are vilified and the historic lessons learnt from past mistakes are lost in the rhetoric of advancing an ideology.

The masses have brought loneliness to me. I have retreated to my refuge. My hope is that no shame will be brought one me. Hope is not lost, for I have integrity, a belief in my faith, and a path in truth. I ask for vindication for I wash my hands in innocence, abhor the assemblies of the malice and deceitful. Life is redeemed with mercy and feet resting on level ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment