14 November 2008

Locked in Old College...

I was working in the law library's postgrad area, as I played by attending the Israeli Ambassador's lecture earlier in the evening. It was mid-night when I left the computer lab. I forgot about the time and walked out the quadrangle side, instead of the Chambers Street side.

After the door when click....

....I realized I was locked inside old college.

I walked around the quadrangle and tried all the doors. When that did not work I walked around in the opposite direction and tried them all again. They were definately locked. The gates were locked too, so I could not leave the quadrangle, which is like an inner court yard. So, I recalled my best friends Mark and Louise Whatmough to call 999 in an emergency. I called the police.

They could not understand that I was locked in the law school.


They asked me to call a non emergency number. I am writting it down with the limited light of 12.30 AM in the quadragnle of Old College. I called the number.


The police officer started laughing when I explained my predicament. I did not really think it was funny.


The police contacted the campus security and by 12.40 AM they were opening the gate.


I was questioned as to how and why I was locked inside old college.


Then they started laughing.


I asked them not to tell anyone.


But alas, the library staff seemed to know about an American who was locked in the law school over night and wondering who that might be.


In the words of Paul McCartney, "That was me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment